Why McLays Foods?
- Established in the food service industry for over 30 years
- Family business dating back across 4 generations
- Suppliers to both the Catering Trade & Public Sector
- Full food service offering from Fresh Butcher Meat, Fish & Fresh Produce to Fine Foods and Frozen Goods
Brothers Andrew & Craig (pictured above) have built a team around them of young managers to help push the business on to bigger and better things. Our managers in Technical, Office, Transport as well as our Head Butcher have been developed and promoted from within. These people know our business, are excited by what we do and help drive our service driven culture.
For more information on who we are and what we do please download our Product Brochure PDF
What is our business doing to protect the environment and make positive change?
- We have our very own Green Team, who meet weekly to review and discuss our current policies
- As a business we have made official pledges with Zero Waste Scotland & Resource Efficient Scotland
- We measure our output daily from the CO2 emissions of our vehicles to our food and packaging recycling rates
At McLays we are a SALSA approved supplier demonstrating her food standard credentials
We are a member of the Scotch Beef, Lamb & Speciality Selected Pork club as we feel passionately about the provenance of our products
Real Living Wage Foundation
At McLays we are extremely proud to be a member of the Real Living Wage Foundation Key benefits include:
- Rewarding employees for their commitment ad attitude
- Employees feel valued
Staff motivation levels are higher
- Staff retention rates are higher
- Business reputation grows
- Better relationships between staff and management